The Associate of Applied Science degree in the Architectural/Civil: CAD and Design Technology Program prepares the graduate to work with professional architects and engineers in the design, drafting and layout of buildings, roads and utilities. This program uses Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) software to facilitate the design and drafting of buildings and building components to include architecture, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and site work including roads and utilities.
- Junior Designer
- CADD Technician
- Survey CADD Technician
- Architectural CADD Technician
- CAD Operator
- Structural Technician
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Provide detailed, technical explanations of building components, including Architectural Design, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing/Fire Protection.
- Provide detailed, technical explanations of the interactions and relationships of the above building components.
- Provide detailed, technical explanations of site and utility work through Civil Design.
- Provide detailed, technical explanations of CAD and CADD software as they relate to building design and drafting.
- Show proficiency in both CAD and CADD software applications.
- Relate drawing and design information to the public and contractors.
- Communicate effectively and work with architects, engineers, designers, facilities managers and other building professionals.
- Identify, organize, plan, and allocate resources effectively in the computer environment.
- Apply strong communication and critical thinking skills including reading, writing, editing, organizing, evaluating, problem solving, and presentation skills in the work environment.
- Use interpersonal and team participation skills to build and maintain effective co-worker and client relationships.
Obtaining the Degree
To earn the Associate of Applied Science degree, students must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all degree requirements, including General Education and Major Requirements.