This certificate prepares individuals for the role of support personnel in any for profit or nonprofit business/industry. An office administrative specialist provides assistance to managers in a variety of tasks involving the preparation of documents/reports, scheduling and/or participating in on-site or virtual meetings, and coordinating projects. Students are theoretically prepared in the practice of coordinating virtual meetings, customer relations, software applications, project management and professionalism.
This program falls under the federal guidelines of Gainful Employment programming. For important information regarding program costs, debt, and potential earnings, please click here.
Successful graduates will be able to seek employment as an office administrative specialist in the following areas:
- For profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Education administrative support.
- Manufacturing/industrial projects.
- Health care administrative support.
- Insurance industry.
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate competencies necessary to work as an office administrative specialist in all business/industry settings.
- Show proficiency in the use of document creation software and virtual meeting software options.
- Assist managers in all aspects of project management and organization
- Function effectively as a member of project teams.
- Perform with professionalism in various customer relations settings.
Obtaining the Certificate
To earn the Certificate, students must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all certificate requirements.