The Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in Business Administration is designed to provide the foundation necessary for optimal transfer to four-year degree programs while simultaneously preparing students for immediate employment in a wide range of business environments requiring advanced business skills. In addition, this program will enhance the skills of those already employed in the field and those interested in starting or building their own business.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for transfer to a four-year business program or entry-level employment in a wide range of business environments including retail, banking, manufacturing, service businesses, government, and not for profit agencies.
- Office Supervisor
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Customer Service Representative
- Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks
- Employment Interviewer
- Assistant Manager
- Retail Manager
- Small Business Owner and Operator
- Technical Sales Representative
- Personnel/Human Resources Manager
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic management and leadership principles;
- Collect and critically analyze data and information;
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems/issues and;
- Present project/research findings clearly, both orally and in written form.
Obtaining the Degree
To earn the Associate of Science degree, students must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all degree requirements, including General Education and Major Requirements.