The Computer Support Specialist Certificate focuses on the computerized technologies that are critical to business and industry. This program provides students with the ability to support customers and other users that deal with hardware and software issues. Graduates will have an understanding of network operating systems, PC connectivity, network resources, network utilities, and network administration. In addition to an understanding of networks, students will also obtain comprehensive training in the administration of specific operating systems including Linux, numerous Microsoft network operating systems, and other network utilities. Students will cover aspects of the Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) and CompTIA Linux+, Net+, and A+ certifications.
- Help Desk Support Technician
- Customer Support Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate general computer and networking knowledge.
- Provide accurate technical explanations of the major components of a computer and the devices used in creating a network environment.
- Perform routine network administrative tasks including operating system installs and upgrades, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
Obtaining the Certificate
To earn the Certificate, students must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all certificate requirements.