Would you like to start and run your own business or apply your skills and knowledge to an existing small business? If so, the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Small Business Management will help you propel a small business toward success.
The Small Business Management A.A.S. degree allows experienced students to receive credit via prior learning, life experience, military experience, or diplomas from career and technology centers. For both experienced students and those just starting out, this degree provides a strong foundation in entrepreneurship and small business management. Graduates will learn the basics of communication, math, science, and business management concepts to increase their marketability or to start their own business.
This A.A.S. degree is built for those with technical training or technical interest who are open to the rewarding and challenging world of entrepreneurship. With a Small Business Management degree, students will be prepared to enter the workforce or enter the world of entrepreneurship. Be ready to increase your opportunities.
- Small Business Manager
- Plant Manager
- Store Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Warehouse Manager
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic management and leadership principles.
- Develop strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems/issues.
- Advance in a career, building on already acquired skills and competencies.
Obtaining the Degree
To earn the Associate of Applied Science degree, students must:
- Matriculate into the program
- Satisfactorily complete all degree requirements, including General Education and Major Requirements.