The Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Management develops leaders at various levels for business, industry, and public service organizations. The thrust of the program is to meet management training needs of organizations and to develop entrepreneurs. Therefore, the program is continually reviewed and developed in partnership with the business/industry community. The program is organized around four educational themes, which address the need for well-prepared, confident, and technically competent people who can assume leadership roles in entry-level management, and as entrepreneurs.
- Office Supervisor
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Customer Service Representative
- Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks
- Employment Interviewer
- Assistant Manager
- Retail Manager
- Small Business Owner and Operator
- Technical Sales Representative
- Personnel/Human Resources Manager
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic management and leadership principles;
- Collect and critically analyze data and information to be applied to business scenarios;
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex business problems/issues and;
- Present project/research findings clearly, both orally and in written form.
Obtaining the Degree
To earn the Associate of Applied Science degree, students must:
- Matriculate into the program.
- Satisfactorily complete all degree requirements, including General Education and Major Requirements.