The Associate of Applied Science Technology Management is a program designed to provide recognition for work and life experience while assisting individuals with entrance into an entry level technology field and preparation for career advancement or change. The program is highly individualized and flexible. As many as 30 credits may be awarded for work and life experience including military experience, trade/proprietary school preparation, apprenticeship programs, structured on-the-job training, and transfer credits. Fifteen technical credits will be awarded to graduates of career and technology centers. This degree program provides both a broad scope of technical skills applicable to technician employment in appropriate industry or service companies and management courses to assist in career advancement.
A core foundation including communication, math, science, and management is combined with specialized study areas relative to student/employer interest. Program opportunities exist for graduates as entry level technicians or for skill advancement of currently employed personnel in technical fields.
This program is best suited for students interested in technology and open to new ideas and new and changing career fields and those interested in acquiring management skills.
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic management and leadership principles.
- Develop strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems/issues.
- Advance in a career, building on already acquired skills and competencies.
Obtaining the Degree
To earn the Associate of Applied Science degree, students must:
- Matriculate into the program
- Satisfactorily complete all degree requirements, including General Education and Major Requirements.
This program prepares students for employment in the following career and technical fields and others depending on the nature of the student’s prior experience:
- Automotive/Diesel Service Supervisor
- Construction First Line Supervisor
- Computer Specialist
- Industrial Maintenance
- Mechanical Drafter/Designer
- Plumbing and HVAC/R Specialist
- Machining/Production Supervisor
- Materials/Transportation Management and Logistics
- Welding/Welding Supervisor