Continuing Education Mission
The mission of the Pennsylvania Highlands Continuing Education Department is to identify education and training needs and to develop concepts, strategies, and delivery systems that offer effective and meaningful workforce, professional development, and leisure learning opportunities for Southern Allegheny employers and residents.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is committed to enhancing the workforce of the Southern Alleghenies and beyond. Our career training programs are designed to equip individuals with the skills needed to flourish in a competitive job market.
A sampling of the career training offered through Continuing Education:
- Computer Technician (Online)
- Dental Assisting
- EKG Technician
- Executive Assistant (Online)
- Human Resources Professional (Online)
- Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records (Online)
- Medical Transcription & Editing (Online)
- Paralegal (Online)
- Personal Trainer Certification
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing (Online)
- Veterinary Assistant
Continuing Education offers a variety of online courses that students can take at home or work. Courses offered are in the areas of computer applications, Internet, small business, customer service, basic supervision, business applications, health, and personal enrichment.
Personal Enrichment is an alliance of education and community whose purpose is to enhance the personal and professional goals of both individuals and groups. The Continuing Education Department surveys community needs and interests and develops and offers customized programs according to the assessed needs for individuals, groups, businesses, organizations, and agencies throughout our region.
Courses are continually evaluated and updated, with the goal of creating positive, fun and rewarding experiences to enrich our community. If you have a subject area of interest that is not offered, we can often find an instructor and design a course just for your group.
For more information regarding Personal Enrichment, contact us by calling 814-262-6441 or via email at email@example.com.
Personal Enrichment Goals
- To provide educational opportunities through the use of school and community resources.
- To enable learners to become responsible, independent contributors in the community.
- To ensure that every person realizes life-long learning opportunities and fulfills a productive role in their community.
- To assess the needs and interests of the general community.
- To originate, develop, and nurture new non-credit programs.
- To enrich lives and position participants at the forefront of technological and educational advances.
- To enhance the skill base and general knowledge of the community.
- To customize programming to meet the needs of individual community members and groups.
- To serve as an outreach arm of the College and strengthen the regional community and economy.
Sampling of Personal Enrichment Offerings
- Dancing with a Partner
- Introduction to Voiceovers
- Jitterbug & Swing
- Learn to Make Nut Rolls
- French Macarons
- Italian Feast
- Pet First Aid & CPR
- Safe Sitter Babysitting Certificate Program
- Cake Decorating
- Basic Computers
- Microsoft Office
- Bob Ross Style Oil Painting